Monday, May 11, 2015

Book Riot Read Harder Challenge Update

I thought I'd do an update of how I'm progressing through Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge, since we're already in the 5th month of the year. I feel like I'm doing pretty well so far, and I'm looking forward to checking more off my list!

Categories Completed (8):
- A book published by an Indie Press: Icon edited by Amy Scholder
- A book by a person whose gender is different from your own: The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion
- A microhistory: Marriage: A History by Stephanie Coontz
- A YA novel: True Believer by Virginia Euwer Woolf
- A Pulitzer Prize, Man Booker, or NBA winner from the last decade: Just Kids by Patti Smith
- A graphic novel: March, Book 2 by John Robert Lewis
- A book that you would consider a guilty pleasure: Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer
- A book published before 1850: The Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo

Currently Working on (1):
- A book that someone else has recommended to you: The Condition by Jennifer Haigh

Categories to Complete (15):
- A book written by someone when they were under the age of 25
- A book written by someone when they were over the age of 65
- A collection of short stories
- A book by or about someone who identifies as LGBTQA
- A book that takes place in Asia
- A book by an author from Africa
- A book that is by or about someone from an indigenous culture
- A Sci-Fi novel
- A Romance novel
- A book that is a retelling of a classic tale
- An audiobook
- A collection of poetry
- A book that was originally published in another language
- A book published this year
- A self-improvement book

2 comments:

  1. Do you take review requests? I have two new releases that fall under a couple of your categories. Please e-mail me at ianthomasmalone@gmail.com if you are interested. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,

    I have the same question as Ian. My client published a beautiful collection of poetry and he is over the age of 65. It's titled, "Constructed of Magic and other Poems on the Immortality of the Human Spirit." You can find it on Amazon if you would like to read some reviews first. I can send you a e-book or mail a print copy. Email me at ruebirdbooks@gmail.com if this sounds like a book you would like to read/review.

    Best wishes,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete