Thursday, June 26, 2014

I Renewed my Library Card!

Hello!

Yesterday was an exciting day: I renewed my library card! Not only that, but I went to the (non-academic) library for the first time in probably about a year. I'm a student, and my freshman year my friend and I got temporary cards at the local library. Eventually school caught up with me, though, and I probably went three semesters without going back, and by that time my card had expired anyway. Now that I'm living in my college town for the summer though, I finally went back to the library and got my card renewed. And it was so fun! I had planned on trying to read the books I own this summer, but after staring at the same twenty-odd books for a while, things start to get dull. My little trip to the library made me realize how exciting and refreshing it is to have access to all kinds of new books. And there's no shame: you didn't spend a penny. Here's what I picked up this trip:


All of these books were on my Goodreads TBR, because I'm determined to gradually reduce that, and I'm really excited to read them. I highly recommend revisiting the option of your local library. They're great assets to the community, and it's a great way to give books a try with no risks involved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment