Wednesday, May 7, 2014

What I'm Reading

Hello!

As far as reading goes I'm going to be a little all over the place this month. I'm doing an intensive course over May that is 3 hours of class time a day, plus 4-6 hours of daily work outside of the classroom. I'm going to be reading texts and articles for that class, so that's going to be taking up a lot of my time and a lot of my reading energy.

I was hoping to get started on Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace, and I'm not abandoning that plan, but I'm only going to commit myself to 10 pages a day. I'll at least be making some progress, but I don't want to be put off of reading completely by making that my sole source of entertainment reading. On that note, I picked up Bossypants by Tina Fey at the library today, and I think it will be the perfect quick read for me. I've been wanting to read it since I came out, so I'm so glad I decided to check out my school's "popular reading" section today when I was printing out articles for class. All my other reading will be spent on said academic articles, along with the Qur'an, because my class is on Islam (I'm a an English Lit / Religion double-major).

So that's where I am reading-wise. I hope my heavy workload doesn't keep me from some fun reading this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment