Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Emoji Book Tag!

InkBonesBooks over on Booktube created this tag with the help of some other booktubers, and I thought I'd do a written version! The rules of the tag are to pick your 5 most recently used or most used in general emojis and match them up with books. It sounds like all kinds of fun so I decided to give it a shot! I'm going to go with most recently used emoji's for my version. Here is Sanaa's video:


So here we go!

1. The Camel with One Hump

So maybe you're thinking why this is my most recently used emoji. I don't know why, but I enjoy this camel. It is random and cute, and I am drawn to it. If one of my friends sends me a random inexplicable emoji, this guy will be in my response.

Now for a book that goes with it....
I'm going to go with The Stone of Tears, which is the second book in the Sword of Truth high fantasy series by Terry Goodkind. This book is basically just one long drawn out journey, and I feel like a camel kind of gives that same vibe.

2. The Birthday Cake

I guess I am most likely to use an emoji when i am wishing someone a happy birthday, or I talk about dessert a lot.

I'm going to go with White Teeth by Zadie Smith, because this is one of those books that follow generations, so you follow many characters as they age. I happen to love these kinds of books and have read many of them, but this is the one I read most recently. It's an amazing novel, and one of my new favorite books.

3. The Crying Face


I use this emoji when I'm expressing sympathy, or when I'm being dramatic.

I LOVE sad books, so there are probably a lot that I could choose from, but I'm going to choose the only book that has made me cry. Not just tear up or get misty-eyed, but more than one tear rolling down my face. That book it The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller. Based on the Goodreads ratings, it seems like this book was the Twilight of its day, in that it was super popular but didn't get much respect. But I loved it. It was tragic and sad and I eat that up.

4.











Again, birthdays. Or possibly sarcastic references to my party-girl nature.

For this one I'm going to go with The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp. The main character is a social guy, and multiple parties are depicted in the book. That's all I got.

5. The Camel with Two Humps


My friend the camel is back! Look at how adorable he is!

For this special 2-humped camel, I'm going to go with a book in which an actual camel is mentioned, if I remember correctly, and that is The Map of Love by Ahdaf Soueif. I read this book for high school and really enjoyed it, despite its incredibly upsetting ending. It's set in in Egypt, and I'm pretty sure camels are ridden.

So there you go, there's the emoji book tag! What emoji's do you use often?


No comments:

Post a Comment