Tuesday, May 6, 2014

About this Blog

Hello blogosphere!

After months of deliberating, I've decided to start a blog about one of the most important things in my life--reading. If you've clicked on a blog with a bookish title, I'm assuming you are like me in that way. Reading has always been an important part of my life. In fact, my college entrance essay for the school I attend was about reading. Books have given me so much: empathy, a strong vocabulary, wisdom, and endless experiences. There is no doubt that my reading has shaped my life.

I'm starting this blog mostly as an outlet. I recently discovered booktube, and contemplated starting a channel, but decided that a written blog would suit me better. Writing is cathartic for me, and I feel like it's the best way for me to talk freely about what I think and feel about the books I'm reading. I will, however, take some cues from booktube and do a lot of the tags they do, just in written form. I think this blog will focus less so on reviews and more so about my reading life in general, and about my experiences as a reader. But honestly, I'm not really sure. All I know is that I'm looking forward to whatever this things turns out to be.

I'm really excited to start this blog. I hope you enjoy!

Rachel

My goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8900562-rachel
My twitter: https://twitter.com/RachelDoose

No comments:

Post a Comment